Saturday, September 5, 2009

Community Project in Nepal



In my own words~

With two weeks off from work, I was spoilt for choice of places to take off to. However, the choice I eventually made is no mistake.

The main purpose of the trip is to volunteer in a school, and at the same time take time to rest and relax.

Spending two weeks in Kathmandu, I got what I wanted, and more. I spent about 10 days volunteering in Saptagandaki Secondary Boarding school, teaching the basic use of computer and office applications for class 1 to class 5 students. In between classes, the students would entertain me with their antics, stories, songs and dance.

After school each day, I hang out with the local community and immerse in the local day to day life, an experience that no travel book can describe. I watched them climb rock wall (even attempted at it once), listened to amazing live music, made new friends and ate so much!

Before I knew it, two weeks ended and I’m back to Singapore, writing this post, missing the time I spent there. I will always remember their warmth, smile and fun loving nature.

Nepal has not seen the last of me. I am making another trip, very soon.

Juni:)

No comments: